Thursday, June 9, 2011

Me

Ok so I am opinionated and quick to tell people whats on my mind, and apparently Garden City Ga likes it. I've been offered an opportunity to help out the people of my wonderful city. They like my energy and spunk and are in need of a "hired gun".  A term Bobby used in putting perspective on the situation.  I'm excited to begin this new chapter. It's right up my alley. Politics, Helping others, Event planning, and Defending my city against people who would use this position for their own personal interests and the interests of a select few.  I actually have an opportunity to help make a difference in peoples lives not just now but for their whole lives. I feel like this is a answer to my personal prayer that God would use me to help people  and my heartfelt desire to get into politics. I know life is hectic right now and I know that this will only add to it but when things happen that are tough people are so quick to say God will never give you more than you can handle. So this is the promise that I will cling to. But I know that my whole life has been preparing me for this. I'm so excited.

3 comments:

Misplaced Honor said...

Babe,

you're too modest so I'll tell the people about the fact that you were hand selected by the leaders of the city to bypass the selection process and chair this new committee. I couldn't think of a better person for the job and it looks like others are noticing your value and potential. I'm proud of you.

Norma Hill - aka penandpapermama said...

YAY!!!! Awesome! I'm sure Father has put you in this place! Blessings! :-)

Jessica said...

yeah well Sweetie I don't have my own nameplate just yet, we'll see. I can't wait to go to the next City Council meeting next week.
Norma, I think that you are very right. I know that God has me right where He wants me. Just can't wait to see where this is going :)