Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My week and P90X

So if you've read my blog at all this week you'd know I've had a busy week. Protests, sticking my foot in my mouth and single postedly making everyone in Savannah and the surrounding areas mad at me. Publicly apologizing for said foot. Also we have dealt with a fungel diaper rash, eye appointments, doctor visits, a live rock buying experince and it's only Wednesday!!! But such is life when you are a young family. Anywho, I am really actually writing to tell you about a new found interest I have. Intense workouts. I know, you are like "what? You?" and trust me I'm just as surprised as you. Ok so it all started last week. My friend Sara invited me to this Monday night workout at her churches fellowship hall. It was free and so I said ok. Usually it me talking her into some hair brained idea (think flamingos and 1am) so I said sure why not. I got myself all jazzed up and bought a Gatoraid (which I hated because it's synthetic sweat and that grosses me out, but now I actually like it.). The trainer guy did the P90X video. I did ok but I had to pass on one set of the excersizes. I found out that I am less cordinated than I am out of shape. Nevertheless I was proud of what I did survive. I mean, what I did accomplish. The next day however I was blown away at the energy I had. Ok I was sore. I mean like I had muscles I never knew I had writing me hate mail. My calves literally threatened to go on strike. Negotiations were tough, I had no idea they had joined a union. Fortunatly I put the squeeze on them and they agreed to stay attached to my legs.  
    But the energy I had was through the roof. And this coming from an energy junkie. Caffine, diet pills and ginsing actually turn up in my blood. Just kidding. Please save the pleas to stop and think about my heart. It's a joke. But I do love me some energy. And why not? You ever tried to be a stay at home, homeschooling mom with 3 kids, 5 chickens, a dog, 1 kid who needs special attention and a hottie for a husband? Life is busy. TLC is going to call me one day.  Ok so the energy the next day even though I was sore was awesome. Now the day after that I was a little more energetic but more sore. So then this monday I go back to the class and per my request we did the Insanity DVD. Dude, I'm not going to lie. That was no joke. It was as intense as a Transporter movie. I loved it. However there was a little problem. Apparently my right knee didn't like it at all (old car wreak) and so it was a lot more painful. But the very nice trainer let me borrow the P90X DVD for the next two weeks. So this morning I pop it in at 8:30am.  The boys were amped. Keychain (6 year old) lasted 15mins. Good, but Red (7 year old) lasted 36 out of 45 mins. He's a beast. Unfortunately he's even more uncorrdinated than his mommy. But he tried and stuck with it. I'm so proud. I however was able to stick with the whole thing!!!! I am uber excited! I really like this DVD. It's really hard but it gets results. I need to find some good shoes. Apprently they're important and could be the reason my knee hurt on monday. 
       What really surprised me though was the mental aspect of it. It like trips a switch in my brain and I almost think differently now. I don't really know how to describe it except I feel.... Happier, more in control. Ok I know what you're thinking "its only been three times, it takes a while and once the newness wears off you'll quit" maybe, but I seriously like this. Maybe this is my midlife crisis. I am almost.... I can't say it. The year after 29. But maybe I'll take up this and stay 29 forever!!! Ok wishful thinking I get it, but you never know. I do know that in this really crazy, out of control time in my life, it is so nice to set aside 45mins a day to me. It's something I can control, I can do this. It's empowering. It's P90X. 

No comments: