Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What would you give up?

I was listening to the radio the other day and they did a survey that asked women: What would be willing to give up to be skinnier? and they gave different options. What struck me was that the top choice women would give up was intimacy.At first I was shocked but then I really started thinking about what my answer would be. Last year I lost a lot of weight. I went down about 7 dress sizes. I did it with the help of my doctors and this amazing little white pill. I stuck to a diet and tried to exercise. I feel like I have lived both sides of this question. I was fat and now, not so much. That said I don't think I could give up intimacy but I would be willing to give up a lot to be skinny. When I was fat I was sluggish, I had low self esteem, I didn't want to be intimate with my husband and I was sicker. Now that I've lost the weight I have more energy, I feel better about myself and I have a happier life all around. Is that vain? maybe, but its the truth.
So, what would you give up to be skinny? For me, I'd give up a gallbladder.

2 comments:

norma j hill said...

Well, I've been blessed with skinny genes, but lately I've been giving into gravity and other effects of maturity, and have developed a bit of a Santa belly - you know, "round little belly that shakes when you laugh like a bowl full of jelly."

I think I'd rather give up my gallbladder than the thing that probably's been most at fault for my lil' belly: chocolate! What? I should just give up the chocolate? Do you have any idea what you're asking?!?!

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear....

Jessica said...

yeah I would NOT give up chocolate under any circumstances. Or sushi