Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Three Goals for 2011

I have some lofty goals for 2011. I'm usually busy but this year may prove to be the busiest. Here are my thoughts. I know that I want to open a small shop in the new Garden City City Hall complex that is not yet built. I want to open a small shop for a few reasons. I can't keep up with all the fudge orders by myself anymore. If I want to help more people with my fudge it needs to turn more of a profit. I really believe that one way to helping my local community is by opening a cute eye catching shop. Also on a more personal agenda, my son Isaac is uber smart. I mean like loads of potential, I want to give him the very best in education and experience. Hence the reason we home school. But you don't get any government assistance for HSing, you still have to pay the public educational system and your own curriculum and on one income it's limiting him. I don't want to be the cause of that. He has THAT much potential. So I want to open a new shop.
I also want to run for city council starting in June. I know, I have no experience, I am a young stay at home mom with nothing to offer right? Maybe, Maybe not. I love our little city. I love my neighbors. I love that our city is small yet has a HUGE impact (with the help of the ports) on our state. I feel I am a smart, level headed godly woman who is honest and passionate. I am a quick study and I come with a view point all my own. I really feel lie I could do our city a lot of good, especially with connecting the younger generation to the politics of the city. When a young unlikely candidate steps up to the plate in the political arena people get interested. and hopefully they'll vote ;)
To help with both those goals I am looking into online courses to get my Bachelor of Science in Business concentrating on small business management and entrepreneurship. THIS is the most daunting of the three. I haven't been to school in a long while (unless you count teaching and then it's every day!) and I stick at math. I mean really really stink. So the Accounting bit made me want to give up right then and there but I think that with Bobby's help (a LOT of Bobby's help) I might be able to at least fake it.

ohhhh listen, I can already hear the nay sayers already.
But Jessica, you're so busy now how on earth are you going to do all that too??
Well, for one the Bible says a little sleep and a little slumber is good for a man (or girlie)
and it also says that with God ALL things are possible. Plus it's not like the schooling will last forever, and it's not like the City Council seat will last forever. It's just a a page, a chapter in the book. and the Ends ( a little shop all my own that employs moms, and ex felons.and funds an adoption or two; a stint in the White house(just kidding on that one) a lasting impact on our community, and the very best education for my children) have got to justify the Means (piles of laundry here and there, tears, caffeine, take out more often than I'd like to admit, caffeine, and tears)
Speaking of busy it's almost 2:30 am. I have got to sleep some time.So ta-ta.
Question, what's the craziest out of the box thing ( like running for city council) that you've ever done?

1 comment:

norma j hill said...

Go for it! Gotta do these things while you still have youthful energy and enthusiasm!

hmmm... craziest thing I've ever done? ... jumped off Red Bridge into the Similkameen River 45 times to celebrate my 45th birthday?!? ...

lol... homeschool my 5 kids, be a Guides leader and a Cub leader, lead the entire Sunday School, be church treasurer, substitute teach, run a bed-and-breakfast, take in exchange students, operate a commercial cleaning business, build a new home, experience a house fire, have a noon-hour-youth-drop-in-center in my living room, help out at the local thrift store, be an active part in the homeschool support system, etc etc etc, and of course all at the same time...

yep, I was young like you! Go girl!